Matt Carter

Default Trying to merge two excel worksheets

I was on http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...012651033.aspx
and was trying to merge two documents. I shared them both out, took a file
I had, and copied it to my desktop, copied the file, renamed it a.xls and
b.xls. I made changes to b.xls and saved it and then tried to merge. I
tried to merge a.xls first into b.xls and vice versa. No luck. I posted
this as a comment to Microsoft.
It won't let me merge. I have copied a document to "test" and added basic
text and it gives error message "b.xls cannot be merged into the current
workbook. Workbooks to be merged must be copies made from the same shared
workbook, and must all maintain the change history for a sufficient amount of
time." I copied the two excel spreadsheets about 5 minutes ago, renamed them
both a.xls and b.xls where b.xls has the information and I want to put info
into it, I tried using A first and then B first, same error.

Anything I am doing wrong? I am Office 2003 SP1 my office is up to date. I
am Windows 2000 SP4 machine.