Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default autofill variable lenght column w/ sequential numbers using VBA

Problem: Sort data contained in an area defined by X number of columns and Y
number of rows, then sort the data back to its orginal row order.

Normally: Before the initial sort, add an extra column and assign a unique
number to each row. Sort using this extra column will restore the original
row order.

I can record a macro and display the VBA code without a problem.

Question: Write the code identifying the last sort row when # of rows not
constant. eg: Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("F5:F??"),
Type:=xlFillDefault. I can count the # of rows, but how do I store that
number, then pass it to the Range requirements?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Dim Bottom as Long
Bottom = Range("A65536").End(XLUp).Row
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("F5:F" & Bottom)

I picked colum A to find the bottom of the data, but you can pick any column
where the data extends down as far as you want the fill.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Billyruben" wrote:

Problem: Sort data contained in an area defined by X number of columns and Y
number of rows, then sort the data back to its orginal row order.

Normally: Before the initial sort, add an extra column and assign a unique
number to each row. Sort using this extra column will restore the original
row order.

I can record a macro and display the VBA code without a problem.

Question: Write the code identifying the last sort row when # of rows not
constant. eg: Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("F5:F??"),
Type:=xlFillDefault. I can count the # of rows, but how do I store that
number, then pass it to the Range requirements?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default autofill variable lenght column w/ sequential numbers using VB

Excellent! Thanks, I've used the value stored in Bottom for accomplishing
other things. (e.g. discovered that Range("A" & Bottom + n).Select, selects
the cell located n number of rows below the value of Bottom)

Please allow me to impose on you once mo

(I know zilch about VBA syntax.)

What is the VBA equivelant of CtrlShiftSpacebar - e.g. select an area of
contiguous cells, each containing data. Start by selecting the topmost cell
containing data at the leftmost column.

What is a good source for the code equivalents for keyboard shortcuts?
(Other than you, of course)

Thanks for being out there.
Ruben