Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a worksheet based on filtering of another?

I have a worksheet with a list of tasks and 20 columns of details related to
each task.

One Column lists the person the task was assigned to.

I am trying to create a worksheet for each person that is assigned tasks
(thus, the tasks that show up when filtered for their name). I would expect
that worksheet to update automatically when the task list is updated. It also
doesn't not need the full 20 columns from the original task list.

Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can do this with a formula, since I don't know anything about your data,
here is an example

=IF(ROW(A1)ROWS($A$1:$A$13),"",IF(LARGE(ROW(Sheet 1!$A$2:$A$13)*(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$13="Shane"),ROW(A1)) =0,"",INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$D$13,LARGE(ROW(Sheet1!$A$ 2:$A$13)*(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$13="Shane"),ROW(A1)),COLU MN())))

In this case Sheet1 contains the original data with the names in A2:A13. In
this case I have also assumed that the above formula is going into cell A1 on
another sheet. The formula can be copied down as far as you want and over to
the right as far as necessary. You should adjust the row 13 references to
extend down as far as you need - how far your data on sheet1 will go.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire