Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing link target

Hi

We have a series of linked workbooks, some in subdirectories, which get
copied each time we start a new project. The files do not get renamed. I'm
wondering if there is anyway to get the links in the copied workbooks to
update to point to the new directory they're in without resorting to opening
every linked workbook.

At the moment the links keep pointing back to the originating directory and
have to be manually updated using the Edit Links function.

We're using Excel 2007.

Thanks in advance

Jane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You could run a find and replace command (Ctrl+H) and enter the old
directory in the Find What box and the New directoy in the Replace with box
and then choose Replace All. If these links are on more than one sheet
select all the sheets before you run the Replace command.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire