Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Fedde

Default changing color of values bigger or smaller than target

My question:

I need to make a list for keeping track whether employees are of aren't
making their targets, wich looks like this:

SUBJECT[/b] *TARGET*
[b]RESULT:
Plaatsingen: 6
5
telefonische afspraken: 8
9
inschrijvingen: 5
5
voorstellen: 7
3
referenties natrekken: 4
5

The first value is the target, second one is the result

Is there a way to change the color of the value of the results
according to the targets? (I want to have them red when under target,
and green at target or above.)

Thanks for help in advance!!

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chip Pearson

See Conditional Formatting on the Format menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Fedde" wrote
in message

[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Fedde

great, thanks!

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522530

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Fedde

I'm still having a problem with this one.
If I apply the settings in conditional formatting, I don't see any
results what so ever. The cell still does not change color. What am I
doing wrong?

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522530

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
EdMac

highlight the cell you want to change colour
Formatconditional formatting
Select Cell Value, select Greater than or equal to, click in next box
and then click on the target value.

Select format and then choose the conditions you want to apply if the
condition is met e.g. font colour, background pattern.

Select OK

If you want more than one conditional format, go back to conditional
formatting, select Add and then repeat

hope this helps

Ed

--
EdMac
EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Fedde

Ed,
thank you very much for your reply!
Unfortunately, this is exactly what I did, and still no change of
color.
Very strange...

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522530

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Fedde

Allright, now the color changes, but it also keeps the color when the
value is changed.
For example:
target : 150
If the result is below this value, it turns red. But it stays red even
when the result is above this value, even though I've set the settings
at smaller than...? how can this be?

--
Fedde
Fedde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522530

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
EdMac

Hi Fedde,

Does this happen in all the cells or only ones that you have copied the
formatting to?

If it is in the cells that you have copied it to, make sure that the
condition is not referring back to the original cell - you may have got
an absolute reference (with $ signs in it). If this is the case get rid
of the $ signs in the original and then copy down again.

otherwise it should work.

Ed