Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dispaly results, rather than a formula

I have several worksheets in a file. The first worksheet is what i call
"H"... i enter pertinent info that will be used in other worksheets... things
like Company Name, Case #, etc... In the other workbooks, i just set up the
reference to the "H" worksheet, and the specific cell i need. In some of my
of worksheets, and only in a particular cell, when I create the "formula" to
reference a cell in the "H" worksheet, it displays the formula, rather than
the result. For example, in "XYZ" worksheet, cell B6, i've entered =H!B45.
Result should be what's in cell b45 on the H worksheet.. but instead it
displays =H!B45. I've tried doing it in other cells on XYZ worksheet, and it
works like it should... i've even tried copying into that cell, but when I
change the cell it references, it keeps displaying the formula. I'm going
nuts here!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This happens when the cell was formatted as text when you entered the
formula.
Format as General (or Number) AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)
Just formatting is not enough!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Donna" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Very cool! Thank you - I've been driving myself crazy for 20 minutes trying
to figure out the problem. I had already reformatted the cell, but I wasn't
re-entering the formula...
thank you so much!!