Jonathan

Default Count Duplicates

How can I isolate the number of records where a field is duplicated i.e. we
have a barcode field in our stock DB where we have discovered there are some
duplicated barcodes.

We have tried to pull the data into a pivot table using the count function
of stock codes that carry the same barcode, but all we get is a count of 1
even though we know some of the barcodes are duplicated.

Does this make sense?

Anyway is there another way of using Excel to filter barcodes?

TIA
Harald Staff

Select the column with the codes and go menu Data Filter Advanced
filter, choose "unique items only".

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Jonathan" skrev i melding
How can I isolate the number of records where a field is duplicated i.e.

we
have a barcode field in our stock DB where we have discovered there are

some
duplicated barcodes.

We have tried to pull the data into a pivot table using the count function
of stock codes that carry the same barcode, but all we get is a count of 1
even though we know some of the barcodes are duplicated.

Does this make sense?

Anyway is there another way of using Excel to filter barcodes?

TIA

Tom Hewitt

As your talking about a barcode database i assume there is a second
description column?

If so you should be able to do a Pivot table, that is by barcode then shows
descriptions against the barcode, this should then show up which barcodes
have more than one description.

The Unique records mentioned early wont return what your want it'll just
give you a list of unique records not show the duplicates