Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default editing comments in MS excel 07

i have a spreadsheet with like 400 rows of info. I have inserted comments on
several fields, and when come back later and edit a comment, the comment is
linked far far away from the actual field i was in to begin with. for
example, I'll be editing a comment in cell a10, and the comment itself will
be linked all the way down to a367. Is this a bug that cannot be fixed and I
just have to deal with, or is there something I can quickly do to tell Excel
to anchor the comments to the cell, especially in edit mode? BTW, I have like
200 inserted comments.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try this macro to reposition all comments near their cells.

Sub RestoreComments()
Dim AllCommentCells As Range
Dim Cell As Range
Dim LastCol As Integer
LastCol = ActiveSheet.Columns.Count
Set AllCommentCells = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments)
For Each Cell In AllCommentCells
With Cell.Comment.Shape
.Width = 96
.Height = 55.5
.Top = Cell.Top + 5
If Cell.Column < (LastCol - 3) Then
.Left = Cell.Offset(0, 1).Left + 10
Else
.Left = Cell.Offset(0, (LastCol - Cell.Column) - 3).Left
End If
End With
Next

Jim