Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copying cells

I am trying to create a column of cells referring to another worksheet.
There is a sequence to the cells but, unfortunately, the next cell down
refers to a cell 14 cells down in the other sheet. ex. jan!r9 for first
entry, next entry down is jan!r23, then jan!r37. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way
Put this in the start cell: =OFFSET(jan!$R$9,ROWS($1:1)*14-14,)
Copy down as far as required
--
Max
Singapore
"waterguy" wrote:
I am trying to create a column of cells referring to another worksheet.
There is a sequence to the cells but, unfortunately, the next cell down
refers to a cell 14 cells down in the other sheet. ex. jan!r9 for first
entry, next entry down is jan!r23, then jan!r37. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Somewhere on the other sheet:

=INDIRECT("jan!r"&(ROWS(A1:A$1)-1)*14+9) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

Copying Cells DJ New Users to Excel 4 October 19th 08 12:11 AM
Copying Cells Paul Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 11th 07 12:38 AM
Copying Cells LauraC Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 29th 06 03:38 PM
How do I skip blank cells when copying over a range of cells? tawells Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 7th 05 09:36 PM
Excel should allow cloaking of certain cells when copying cells b. LDI Woody Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 11th 05 04:55 PM