Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My filter does not pick up all text

I have a spreadsheet with about 3000 rows. I have turned on filters and
filtered one column. I would now like to filter a second column which
contains text entries, however when I try to filter that second column, not
all of the entries show up/I only have a limited selection - why does the
filter seem to show all number entries but not show all text entries to
filter by? How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I know, and the strange thing is I have about 26 lines, which have been
filtered using my first filter, but when I apply my second filter, I only get
the choice of 5 items, and I can see on my screen there are more than
that...I'm not sure what is going on?

"Katie" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 3000 rows. I have turned on filters and
filtered one column. I would now like to filter a second column which
contains text entries, however when I try to filter that second column, not
all of the entries show up/I only have a limited selection - why does the
filter seem to show all number entries but not show all text entries to
filter by? How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sheeloo,

There are blanks, and I have been reading other users with similar problems
in Excel 2007. I will try to format what I can and if I have any further
difficulties I will send you the file - thanks for the quick response! :)

"Katie" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 3000 rows. I have turned on filters and
filtered one column. I would now like to filter a second column which
contains text entries, however when I try to filter that second column, not
all of the entries show up/I only have a limited selection - why does the
filter seem to show all number entries but not show all text entries to
filter by? How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you do not select the whole range then Auto Filter filters the range only
upto the first blank row... This is not new to Excel 2007.

Try this
Remove the filter
Select your whole range you want to filter
Then choose Data|Filter|AutoFilter