Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Katie Katie is offline

Default My filter does not pick up all text

Yes, I know, and the strange thing is I have about 26 lines, which have been
filtered using my first filter, but when I apply my second filter, I only get
the choice of 5 items, and I can see on my screen there are more than
that...I'm not sure what is going on?

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Second filter will show only those values in that column which are available
after filtering on the first filter...

"Katie" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with about 3000 rows. I have turned on filters and
filtered one column. I would now like to filter a second column which
contains text entries, however when I try to filter that second column, not
all of the entries show up/I only have a limited selection - why does the
filter seem to show all number entries but not show all text entries to
filter by? How can I correct this?

Thanks,