Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Expanded V-lookup two coumns from seperate sheets return other col

Heya,

I want to get a result if a value in workbook A searches through workbook B
and match in text. The text should not be exact matches as there may be
exclamation marks and the sort. if they do match i would like the return
value to be a different column. if they dont match the return should be "N/F"
(not found)

something similar to this,

if
A1(workbook A)= A(the searched row in workbook B) **a column in workbook B
is searched and if it equals A1, then
Return B(the searched row in workbook B) **so if it is
found it will return a value in a different column, say B (in the same)
else returns, "Not found"

im ok with the basic funcitons but this one blew me away. will really
appreciate any help.

Cheers
thanks very much,
Reza