Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Expanded V-lookup two coumns from seperate sheets return other col

Heya,

I want to get a result if a value in workbook A searches through workbook B
and match in text. The text should not be exact matches as there may be
exclamation marks and the sort. if they do match i would like the return
value to be a different column. if they dont match the return should be "N/F"
(not found)

something similar to this,

if
A1(workbook A)= A(the searched row in workbook B) **a column in workbook B
is searched and if it equals A1, then
Return B(the searched row in workbook B) **so if it is
found it will return a value in a different column, say B (in the same)
else returns, "Not found"

im ok with the basic funcitons but this one blew me away. will really
appreciate any help.

Cheers
thanks very much,
Reza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Reza" wrote:

[...]

try this -
=IF(VLOOKUP(A16,[Book2]Sheet1!B4:D11,2,FALSE)=A16,VLOOKUP(A16,[Book2]Sheet1!B4:D11,3,FALSE),"n/f")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Expanded V-lookup two coumns from seperate sheets return other

Hi Abbey,

its giving me a "nf" but the value is there this is what the first row
should be like,

=IF(VLOOKUP(A8,'[Whole building _ Info for Zonal EDB Environmental
Review.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$A$1616,1)=A8,VLOOKUP(A8,'[Whole building _ Info for
Zonal EDB Environmental Review.xls]Sheet1'!$A$2:$A$1616,3,),"n/f")

The text may not be exact. any thoughts?