Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add comments to a graph

I have a graph that has a series of data points on it. There are
events that have affected the outcome of the line on the graph and I
woudl like to add comments, or callouts, or something that willl
identify these data points.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the Drawing toolbar. Make sure you select (click on) the chart before
adding a shape because you want the chart and the shape to be grouped (bound
together)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jlclyde" wrote in message
I have a graph that has a series of data points on it. There are
events that have affected the outcome of the line on the graph and I
woudl like to add comments, or callouts, or something that willl
identify these data points.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jlclyde" wrote in message

I have a graph that has a series of data points on it. *There are
events that have affected the outcome of the line on the graph and I
woudl like to add comments, or callouts, or something that willl
identify these data points.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

I ahve the chart as its own worksheet not as an object. I am looking
for some way to show a change has been made. If a comment is not
possible, is it possible to change the data point itself or the color
of the line at that data point?

Thanks,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jlclyde" wrote in message

I have a graph that has a series of data points on it. *There are
events that have affected the outcome of the line on the graph and I
woudl like to add comments, or callouts, or something that willl
identify these data points.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

I ahve the chart as its own worksheet not as an object. *I am looking
for some way to show a change has been made. *If a comment is not
possible, is it possible to change the data point itself or the color
of the line at that data point?

Thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

Is there a way to format one fo the points to be a different color?
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My suggestion was to add a shape and type the comment into it. Is this not
what you want?

Yes, it is possible to change the colour of any single cell. Click the cell,
pause fro a second and click it again, now right click it and use Format
Data Point

Alternatively you can add custom data labels with one of these add-ins:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeller, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com
Tushar's Hover Chart Label utility:
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...bel/index.html

Bovey's tool is called "XY chart labeller" but it works will all chart types
best wishes

Bernard Liengme

"jlclyde" wrote in message

I have a graph that has a series of data points on it. There are
events that have affected the outcome of the line on the graph and I
woudl like to add comments, or callouts, or something that willl
identify these data points.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

I ahve the chart as its own worksheet not as an object. I am looking
for some way to show a change has been made. If a comment is not
possible, is it possible to change the data point itself or the color
of the line at that data point?

Thanks,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jlclyde" wrote in message

I have a graph that has a series of data points on it. There are
events that have affected the outcome of the line on the graph and I
woudl like to add comments, or callouts, or something that willl
identify these data points.

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

I ahve the chart as its own worksheet not as an object. *I am looking
for some way to show a change has been made. *If a comment is not
possible, is it possible to change the data point itself or the color
of the line at that data point?

Thanks,
Jay- Hide quoted text -

Bernard,
Double clicking is the way to go. I will just format it and add
something to the legend to point out why it is different. I would
rather not download an add in. thanks for all of youre help on this.
Jay