Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Missing Cheque numbers in a bank book

I Want to know the Missing Cheque no.'s according to the date and my data is
as Follows:-
A B
03-04-2008 44479
04-04-2008 44480
05-04-2008 44480
04-04-2008 44482
05-04-2008 44483
Here "A" Column Contains the Cheque date and B Column Contains Cheque no.,
Now I want the Missing Cheque no.'s by considering the Dates. Can any one
help me with a Formula...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please give us more. You seem to have two cheques with number 4480
Is this a typo or is 44481 the example of a missing cheque
What does this mean: Now I want the Missing Cheque no.'s by considering the
Dates
Is there a blank in that column when the cheque is 'missing'?
OR do you want to know how many cheques have dates that are after 03/04/08,
how many after 04/03/08, etc
Sorry to be dense
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kumar" wrote in message
I Want to know the Missing Cheque no.'s according to the date and my data
is
as Follows:-
A B
03-04-2008 44479
04-04-2008 44480
05-04-2008 44480
04-04-2008 44482
05-04-2008 44483
Here "A" Column Contains the Cheque date and B Column Contains Cheque no.,
Now I want the Missing Cheque no.'s by considering the Dates. Can any one
help me with a Formula...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In C2 enter:

=IF(B2-B1=1,"","MISSING OR DUPLICATE") and copy down

This will catch BOTH missing numbers and duplicate numbers.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

"Kumar" wrote:

I Want to know the Missing Cheque no.'s according to the date and my data is
as Follows:-
A B
03-04-2008 44479
04-04-2008 44480
05-04-2008 44480
04-04-2008 44482
05-04-2008 44483
Here "A" Column Contains the Cheque date and B Column Contains Cheque no.,
Now I want the Missing Cheque no.'s by considering the Dates. Can any one
help me with a Formula...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for replying and i also want to the the missing cheque numbers instead
of Missing/ Duplicate, And If there is any Duplication of cheque with
different dates Can i get this using any formula...

"Kumar" wrote:

I Want to know the Missing Cheque no.'s according to the date and my data is
as Follows:-
A B
03-04-2008 44479
04-04-2008 44480
05-04-2008 44480
04-04-2008 44482
05-04-2008 44483
Here "A" Column Contains the Cheque date and B Column Contains Cheque no.,
Now I want the Missing Cheque no.'s by considering the Dates. Can any one
help me with a Formula...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You very much it worked but i need one more from you...

i also want to the the missing cheque number instead
of Missing/ Duplicate, And If there is any Duplication of cheque Can i get
this using any formula...

"Kumar" wrote:

I Want to know the Missing Cheque no.'s according to the date and my data is
as Follows:-
A B
03-04-2008 44479
04-04-2008 44480
05-04-2008 44480
04-04-2008 44482
05-04-2008 44483
Here "A" Column Contains the Cheque date and B Column Contains Cheque no.,
Now I want the Missing Cheque no.'s by considering the Dates. Can any one
help me with a Formula...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(b2-b1=1,"",if(b2=b1,"cheque duplicate","cheque number " & b2-1 & " is
missing"))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are very welcome. I use a similar method in my own checkbook.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

"Kumar" wrote:

Thanks a lot it worked....