Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter based on Format?

Dear all,

Is it possible to filter based on format as well as content?

For example column A contains numbers. Filter column A for non-zero and
emboldened numbers?

Is there a function that I could use to do this with a helper column, e.g.
ISBOLD()?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(A1),ISBOLD(A1)),"show","hide")

Then filter for show only.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Neil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This may help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213923

Mike

"Neil Pearce" wrote:

Dear all,

Is it possible to filter based on format as well as content?

For example column A contains numbers. Filter column A for non-zero and
emboldened numbers?

Is there a function that I could use to do this with a helper column, e.g.
ISBOLD()?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(A1),ISBOLD(A1)),"show","hide")

Then filter for show only.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank-you Mike,

I assume the 20 refers to if the cell is bold and 24 if the cell is red and
that therefore I could insert AND(20,24) to filter red bold cells.

Where would I be able to obtain a full list of these formating codes?

Kind regads,

Neil