Junior Member

Exclamation Filter based on Pivot table

I have a table with several 100 enters and the pivot table allows me to create sum of the totals of the data. is it possible to create a filter from the pivot table results to then filter all the data. To only show the items relating to the pivot table.

So if I Choose red and car in my pivot table in sheet one
In sheet two where my data is it is not only showing the line of data with red cars in it.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Filter based on Pivot table

Hi Michael

Doing a double mouse click on the PT cell which is the intersection of Red
and Car, will open up a new Sheet in the Workbook with just the lines from
your main data table that match the criteria.

This sheet can be deleted after use if no longer required.

Regards

Roger Govier

michaelp wrote:
I have a table with several 100 enters and the pivot table allows me to
create sum of the totals of the data. is it possible to create a
filter from the pivot table results to then filter all the data. To
only show the items relating to the pivot table.

So if I Choose red and car in my pivot table in sheet one
In sheet two where my data is it is not only showing the line of data
with red cars in it.

Thank you

Junior Member

Thank you Roger

I like that. but is there a way to control the format that the new sheet opens in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Govier

michaelp wrote:
I have a table with several 100 enters and the pivot table allows me to
create sum of the totals of the data. is it possible to create a
filter from the pivot table results to then filter all the data. To
only show the items relating to the pivot table.

So if I Choose red and car in my pivot table in sheet one
In sheet two where my data is it is not only showing the line of data
with red cars in it.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Michael

Not as far as I am aware. It is just a straight dump of the raw data.
You could record a macro as you set your required formatting, then just
invoke that macro once the sheet has been created.

Regards

Roger Govier