mdaiga

Default How do I quickly reverse the order of a set of data

Is there a way to reverse the order of a set of data, easily?
I want to take a list with a couple of columns and have the first row become
the last, the second row become the second to last, and etc...
Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Fredrik Wahlgren

"mdaiga" wrote in message
Is there a way to reverse the order of a set of data, easily?
I want to take a list with a couple of columns and have the first row

become
the last, the second row become the second to last, and etc...
Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Assuming that your data is in column A, insert 1 in B1, 2 in B2 and so on.
Select both columns and use Data|Sort.
Sort on column B in descending order. The data in column A is now reversed.

/Fredrik

Dave O

Insert a temporary column, and number each row. Enter a 1 for the last
row, and in the row above that add 1; repeat so the first row is the
highest number. Then highlight all the rows, and sort on your
temporary column from lowest to highest. When you're done, delete the
temporary column.

Bill Kuunders

With the help of an extra column.
In this column enter numbers 1,2,3,4 etc and sort all three columns by this
column "descending"

Regards
Bill K