Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default htm date & time format

I have opened a htm data set in Excel 2003 that contains the date & time as
yyyymmddhhmm (the cell is formatted as general) and need it to display as
mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm.

For example 199704010053 in cell A1 currently displays as 1.99704E+11. I
would like it to display 04/01/1997 00:53.

I have tried custom formatting but end up with ###... and hovering the mouse
over the cell results in "Negative dates and times are displayed as ####"

What is the correct formula and cell formatting?

The htm data set dates & times are GMT and I need to convert it to PST/PDT.
Is this possible or would it be a seperate formula?