Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default function arguments

I created a true and false function,
and if true then it equals 33*25%, how do i get the that number to round in
my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Probably

=ROUND(IF(A1=15,A1*25%,0),2)

You didn't show us the formula you were using so I made one up

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Oregongal35" wrote:

I created a true and false function,
and if true then it equals 33*25%, how do i get the that number to round in
my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry this is my formula,

I cant get it to work when i try to round the last part.

=IF(roc1*2%<500," 500",roc1*2%)

Thanks..

"Oregongal35" wrote:

I created a true and false function,
and if true then it equals 33*25%, how do i get the that number to round in
my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, it's nice to see the formula -- better late than never. Now we need
more specifics.

1. What do you mean by "cant get it to work"?
2. What do you want to round?
3. Why is 500 in quotes in your formula?
4. When you tried to round, what formula did you use?

"Oregongal35" wrote:

I created a true and false function,
and if true then it equals 33*25%, how do i get the that number to
round in
my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yeah sorry- I cant figure out how to get the last part to round,
everytime i put it in it gives me an error.
the roc1 can be any amount you want to figure it out.

its a funcitonal argument,
logical test : roc1 * 2% is < 500 = either true or false,
value if true: = 500
value if false: = roc1 * 2% ---- this is the part i need to round
i tried putting in the (round(roc1*2%,0)) but it wont work.

Thanks

"Oregongal35" wrote:

I created a true and false function,
and if true then it equals 33*25%, how do i get the that number to
round in
my formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 13, 1:18*pm, Oregongal35
wrote:
Sorry this is my formula,
[....]
=IF(roc1*2%<500," 500",roc1*2%)

=if(roc1*2% < 500, 500, round(roc1*2%,0))

Note that I replaced " 500" with just 500. If instead you want the
result to always be text with one leading space, try:

=if(roc1*2% < 500, " 500", text(roc1*2%, " 0"))

Note that the TEXT() function does the rounding for you. Also note
that there is a space before 0 in the last term.

More simply, replace the IF() function with one of the following:

=round(min(roc1*2%,500), 0)

=text(min(roc1*2%,50), " 0")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks Joe, i went with the first one and it worked... YEAH....:)

"joeu2004" wrote:

On Nov 13, 1:18 pm, Oregongal35
wrote:
Sorry this is my formula,