Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adjusting chart info

I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the source data range by referring
to a cell in a spreadsheet? For example, I have multiple departments with 2
years of data but I only want to look at one department at a time on the
graph. My data is lined up with the department in column A with 24 columns
of months following in B thru Y. Right now, I have the source data set up
with Series One as Column B thru M and Series 2 as N thru Y for row 2 which
is dept 1. I would like to have a cell that references which department I
want to look at so that when I change the department number in that cell, the
source data would change to the row that department is in. The series column
letters would stay constant but the row would change dependent on a cell or
formula linked to the department row.
Is this possible?
Thank you for your assistance!
--
Constance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a dynamic range to provide the xaxis label reference.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html

If it's too much work to retroactively set up the dynamic chart series data
ranges, you could try this utility:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.