Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I hide cell outlines?

I'm in Excel 2003. I have a workbook I inherited full of graphs that doesn't
show the cell outlines. When I add a new worksheet the cells are outlined.
Even if I copy and past one of the other sheets the outlines still show up.
How do I make them go away so all my sheets match?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean?

If you are talking about gridlines - you turn these on and off by choosing
Tools, Options, View tab, and checking or unchecking Gridlines.

If you are talking about border - click the top left corner of the
spreadsheet, above and to the left of cell A1 and choose Format, Cells,
Borders, None

If these help, please click the Yes button,

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"MmhCC" wrote:

I'm in Excel 2003. I have a workbook I inherited full of graphs that doesn't
show the cell outlines. When I add a new worksheet the cells are outlined.
Even if I copy and past one of the other sheets the outlines still show up.
How do I make them go away so all my sheets match?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MmhCC

Those lines that outline a cell are called gridlines or cell borders. To
have them not show, goto ToolsoptionsView tab remove the check mark from
"Gridlines". If you do not want to print them either gotoFilePage
setupsheet Tab and remove the check mark from "gridlines". Now if you add
a color to the Borders (via FormatcellsBorder tab) neither of these will
work because excel will always take your changes of the border color and go
with it. I hope this helps

Mike Rogers