Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto populate cell

How do I auto populate a cell based upon the value of another cell.

For example, If value in cell A1 is between 1-5, then I'd want the value of
B1 to auto populate w/ a designated text lable of "Mild"...or if the value in
cell A1 was between 6-10, then the value of B1 would auto populate w/ the
designated text lable of "Moderate." Etc...

Thanks in advance for any assistance w/ this issue.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1<6,"mild",IF(A1<11,"Moderate","Extreme"))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200813
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excellent, Thanks.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=IF(A1<6,"mild",IF(A1<11,"Moderate","Extreme"))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200813

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a lookup table similar to the one below, with the ratings at each
breakpoint value. The example has the table located in range AA1:AB3 of the
same workhseet as your data:

AA AB
1 Moderate
6 Mild
11 Extreme

To return the rating use the following VLOOKUP function:

=VLOOKUP(A1,$AA$1:$AB$3,2,TRUE)

It matches the value in A1 to the values in the table located in $AA$1:$AB$3
and returns the value from column 2 of the table.

--
Kevin Backmann