Bellsouth

Default Auto Populate a cell

If I enter "Electric" in cell d12 I want to have cell D14 auto populated
with "N/A"

Can this be done - how?

Thanks
Hank

Paul B

Hank, here is one way, put this in D14, =IF(D12="Electric","N/A","")

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Bellsouth" wrote in message
If I enter "Electric" in cell d12 I want to have cell D14 auto populated
with "N/A"

Can this be done - how?

Thanks
Hank

Hank

Paul,
Thanks for the answer. I failed to mention I'm using Excel 2000. You
indicate you are using Excel 2002 & 2003. Could that be the reason I can't
seem to get the formula to work?

Hank

"Bellsouth" wrote in message
If I enter "Electric" in cell d12 I want to have cell D14 auto populated
with "N/A"

Can this be done - how?

Thanks
Hank

Hank

Paul,
Another thought -
I have data validation in both cells. "Electric" is one of the choices in
D12, "N/A" is one of the chocies in d14. Does that make a difference? Hank