Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Refresh multiple data connections & pass parameter to S

I have a spreadsheet with connections to four SQL Server stored procedures.
Each one returns data for a graph. The graphs are all on one page, making a
kind of ersatz dashboard.

When I click the refresh button, the screen jumps four times, once for each
SP. Is there a way to smooth that out somehow? This is my first data
connection to SP/spreadsheet and other than this and one other thing, it's
going well.

The "one other thing" is that I can't find a way to pass in a parameter. The
documentation says the format is {CALL SPname,?,?} and it's supposed to
prompt for the parameter or even allow you to specify a cell where the
parameter will be entered. I can't figure out how to do that.

Some advice I've received is 2003 specific and didn't work. I think external
querying has changed somewhat with 2007.
Any Excel 2007 advice would be much appreciated - thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I don't know that this will help because I can't test it, but

If you refresh via VBA you can add the line

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

before the line that executes the refresh.

Regarding the second question is this in Excel's vba or is this part of the
package that connect you to the external data?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire