Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SaveTheMonarchButterflies SaveTheMonarchButterflies is offline

Default Excel 2007 Refresh multiple data connections & pass parameter to S

I have a spreadsheet with connections to four SQL Server stored procedures.
Each one returns data for a graph. The graphs are all on one page, making a
kind of ersatz dashboard.

When I click the refresh button, the screen jumps four times, once for each
SP. Is there a way to smooth that out somehow? This is my first data
connection to SP/spreadsheet and other than this and one other thing, it's
going well.

The "one other thing" is that I can't find a way to pass in a parameter. The
documentation says the format is {CALL SPname,?,?} and it's supposed to
prompt for the parameter or even allow you to specify a cell where the
parameter will be entered. I can't figure out how to do that.

Some advice I've received is 2003 specific and didn't work. I think external
querying has changed somewhat with 2007.
Any Excel 2007 advice would be much appreciated - thanks!