Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically plotting hours used

Please help - really really desperate. How do I automatically take the hours
used in a jobcard and make them appear in a time & date schedule in sheet 2.
Is there anybody who has a template for this? Really tired of looking, cant
find anything and I am not good with excel. Many thanks Hilda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hilda;
don't get frustrated for this, I did back in 2000 and found a solution. Are
you trying to calculate the time cards of hourly employees? I know the
solution is not as easy as it may appears.

Argy!

"Hilda" wrote:

Please help - really really desperate. How do I automatically take the hours
used in a jobcard and make them appear in a time & date schedule in sheet 2.
Is there anybody who has a template for this? Really tired of looking, cant
find anything and I am not good with excel. Many thanks Hilda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Argy, sorry brand new to the site and keep bungling things up. No not for
time cards of employees. My business is doing embroidery work and I have
manged to work out a jobcard that calculates the time needed per job. Now I
need to plot the time needed into a daily calender so that I can see that the
time needed for a specific job has been booked. Many times we have customers
who want a job done and I end up thumb sucking (which gets me into a lot of
trouble) and I end up double booking. I thought that by doing this in excel
I would be more professionally organized and would get into less trouble. I
need to carry the hours need into a date (like in a diary) and book the hours
by colouring them in. Please I dont know if I am making any sence. But any
help will be appreciated. Thanks Hilda

"Hilda" wrote:

Please help - really really desperate. How do I automatically take the hours
used in a jobcard and make them appear in a time & date schedule in sheet 2.
Is there anybody who has a template for this? Really tired of looking, cant
find anything and I am not good with excel. Many thanks Hilda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Hilda. Just for your info, I am in South Florida, USA; more specifically
in Miami.

I kind of understand what you said. You know, going forward, if you are just
scheduling jobs and controlling each and individual tasks so you can better
operate and control times and executions, my suggestion would be to start
looking for Project Management instruction; this is if you really want to be
a project manager. Microsoft has very good software for Project Management.

Now going back to Excel, of course we can do magic in Excel, but I would
need more data to better understand and see if I can give you a hand with
this. I have done all source of things in Excel, including simulating an ATM
and a street lights; therefore, I don't see any problem particularly if it
has to do with controlling tasks and similar situations. I just mention my
location so you know when we can talk. I am more available after 8:30 PM like
twice a week. Let me know if this work for you.

For now, my suggestion would be sending me a sample of what you have, what
you are trying to achieve, and I will take it from there. You can send me
that at .

Argy