Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default incrementing sheet number

I need to increment the sheet number as i move down a table

ie.

sheet1A1 sheet1A2
sheet2A1 sheet2A2
sheet3A1 sheet3A2
sheet4A1 sheet4A2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="Sheet" & ROW() & "A1" and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"iain_greenan" wrote:

I need to increment the sheet number as i move down a table

ie.

sheet1A1 sheet1A2
sheet2A1 sheet2A2
sheet3A1 sheet3A2
sheet4A1 sheet4A2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for responding, i guess i made a newbie mistake and didn't explain
well enough.

i need the data from cell a1 in sheet1 to be displayed elsewhere and the
data from cell a1 in sheet2 below it.

thanks again.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

="Sheet" & ROW() & "A1" and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200812

"iain_greenan" wrote:

I need to increment the sheet number as i move down a table

ie.

sheet1A1 sheet1A2
sheet2A1 sheet2A2
sheet3A1 sheet3A2
sheet4A1 sheet4A2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!A"&COLUMN())

Assuming you are in cell A1 for the first formula. if not

=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(A1)&"!A"&COLUMN(A1))

copy down and to the right

If this helps, please click Yes
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"iain_greenan" wrote:

I need to increment the sheet number as i move down a table

ie.

sheet1A1 sheet1A2
sheet2A1 sheet2A2
sheet3A1 sheet3A2
sheet4A1 sheet4A2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane,

I have been following this post and it works fine as explained.

However, I would appreciate your explanation of the formula (the 2nd one)

Kind regards

Preman