Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel and Busines Objects . .

Hello,

When I try to put date functions in a template exported from business
objects the functions do not work. For example if in cell A1 I use
=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),0),"mmmm yyyy") that is what shows up
in cell A1. I have tried to change the cell formats to all available options
and still the date does not display. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Rachel Costanza
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Before you enter the formula change the cell format to General, if you are
seeing the formula is may be because the format is Text. Also, try choosing
Tools, Options, View and unchecking Formulas.

FYI - =TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),0),"mmmm yyyy")

If you want to display the date in a mmmm yyyy format you don't need to use
the TEXT function, just enter =TODAY() in the cell and choose Format, Cells,
Number tab, Custom, and enter mmmm yyyy in the Type box.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Rachel Costanza" wrote:

Hello,

When I try to put date functions in a template exported from business
objects the functions do not work. For example if in cell A1 I use
=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),0),"mmmm yyyy") that is what shows up
in cell A1. I have tried to change the cell formats to all available options
and still the date does not display. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Rachel Costanza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Rachel;
This formula is good and it reproduces October 2008. I tested changing some
formats and as I thought, since you are defining the formula as a test
formula, the cells formats do not affect the result of the formula. This only
left us with two possibilities:
one possible problem, that the formula has a ' before the = simbol. In this
case, will will show the formula.
Second, the Excel workbook has a predifined Show Formulas in the settings.
Go to Tools/Options/View and in the last section, uncheck the View Formulas
options. This will do it. Let me know how it goes.

Argy