Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Conditional number format in Excel 2007

I have an array of data where I don't want errors to display. I tried using
a conditional format where I would set the number format to ";;;"
(non-displayed) if ISERROR(cell ref) is TRUE. The errors still displayed.
Can anyone help me with this? (I cannot simply change the font color to
equal the background color, because the background color itself depends on
another conditional format.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Suppose your data goes from A1:D10,
2007:
1. Select your range
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Pick Use a formula to determine which cells to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true, enter the formula:
=ISERROR(A1)
5. Click the Format button and on the Font tab choose a white
6. Click OK twice.

If this helps, click the Yes button
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"hmm" wrote:

I have an array of data where I don't want errors to display. I tried using
a conditional format where I would set the number format to ";;;"
(non-displayed) if ISERROR(cell ref) is TRUE. The errors still displayed.
Can anyone help me with this? (I cannot simply change the font color to
equal the background color, because the background color itself depends on
another conditional format.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Thanks Shane.

Please read the sentence in parentheses at the end of my original inquiry!
I cannot simply choose a font color for the error cells, because the
background color is dictated by another conditional format (based on another
cell in the same row).

"hmm" wrote:

I have an array of data where I don't want errors to display. I tried using
a conditional format where I would set the number format to ";;;"
(non-displayed) if ISERROR(cell ref) is TRUE. The errors still displayed.
Can anyone help me with this? (I cannot simply change the font color to
equal the background color, because the background color itself depends on
another conditional format.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it feasible to amend your formulae, using IFERROR, along the lines
of:

=IFERROR(your_formula,"") ?

Hope this helps.

Pete

"hmm" wrote:

I have an array of data where I don't want errors to display. *I tried using
a conditional format where I would set the number format to ";;;"
(non-displayed) if ISERROR(cell ref) is TRUE. *The errors still displayed. *
Can anyone help me with this? *(I cannot simply change the font color to
equal the background color, because the background color itself depends on
another conditional format.)- Hide quoted text -