Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I lookup only Apple and return value on Price Column and su

Date Sold Item Price
11/6/2008 Apple $3
11/6/2008 Orange $15
11/7/2008 Orange $2
11/7/2008 Apple $20
11/8/2008 Banana $5
11/8/2008 Orange $500

How do I lookup only Apple and return the sum on Price column
Assume Date Sold is A column Item is B Column Price is C Column

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

in say, D1: =SUMIF(B:B,"Apple",C:C)
--
Max
Singapore
"Need help with sumif" wrote:
Date Sold Item Price
11/6/2008 Apple $3
11/6/2008 Orange $15
11/7/2008 Orange $2
11/7/2008 Apple $20
11/8/2008 Banana $5
11/8/2008 Orange $500

How do I lookup only Apple and return the sum on Price column
Assume Date Sold is A column Item is B Column Price is C Column

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

And if you're looking at multi-criteria summing, beyond SUMIF,
then something like this:
=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmmyy")="Nov08")*(B2:B10 ="Apple"),C2:C10)
which will yield the total of col C's figs for Apples in col B where dates
in col A are Nov 08.