Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup a row and column and return value

Hi Steve,

Say you are inputing in cell E1 : 178 and in cell F1 : 20% , in your
result cell type:

=INDEX(A1:C4,MATCH(E1,A1:A4),MATCH(F1,A1:C1))

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet where I have a list of part numbers (in rows) and then
a series of percentages across the top in columns e.g.

Parts 10% 20%
123 52.50 33.50
178 33.37 23.44

I then have another spreadsheet that performs various VLookup's on the part
number and returns key data. However this spreadsheet allows me to
determine the percentage e.g. 20%. What I need to do is to type in the
percentage, then lookup the part number, then lookup the corresponding
percentage and return the value. e.g. lookup part 178 and percentage 20% to
return a value of 23.44.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.