Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populating dates into a 2003 Excel worksheet

Hi,

This could be a real challenge.

Is there a way to build a calendar (1 per sheet) in Exce1 2003 and populate
it by referencing a list of dates and putting a name(s) in that calendar
block? For example, for each row I have a name in column A1 and a birth date
in colum B1. I have about 30 names/rows. Can I populate the dates into the
related calendar? Keep in mind, some people have same birthdates.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

Well my work don't use Outlook. We use Lotus Notes. I can't do any
analysis with it. Any other idea?

Thanks

lilhoot wrote:

Hi,

This could be a real challenge.

Is there a way to build a calendar (1 per sheet) in Exce1 2003 and populate
it by referencing a list of dates and putting a name(s) in that calendar
block? For example, for each row I have a name in column A1 and a birth date
in colum B1. I have about 30 names/rows. Can I populate the dates into the
related calendar? Keep in mind, some people have same birthdates.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have no idea how Lotus notes works. What would you analyze on a
calendar. You could "build" something that looked similar to a calendar
in Excel but it wouldn't be good for much but looking at. Doesn't Notes
have all day events? Can you import CSV file or Excel files into Notes
calendar?

lilhoot wrote:

Hi,

This could be a real challenge.

Is there a way to build a calendar (1 per sheet) in Exce1 2003 and populate
it by referencing a list of dates and putting a name(s) in that calendar
block? For example, for each row I have a name in column A1 and a birth date
in colum B1. I have about 30 names/rows. Can I populate the dates into the
related calendar? Keep in mind, some people have same birthdates.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, the data I'm looking at is a series of tests completed by many
individuals from one instructor in 2001 - 2007. I need to populate the dates
onto a calendar to see when the students took the tests. I need to visually
look at how busy a day, month, and year looks to make my determination.

I don't think Lotus Notes can import csv files or any.

lilhoot wrote:

Hi,

This could be a real challenge.

Is there a way to build a calendar (1 per sheet) in Exce1 2003 and populate
it by referencing a list of dates and putting a name(s) in that calendar
block? For example, for each row I have a name in column A1 and a birth date
in colum B1. I have about 30 names/rows. Can I populate the dates into the
related calendar? Keep in mind, some people have same birthdates.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try Chip Pearson's Calendar:
http://cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
(look for Calendar)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

lilhoot wrote:

Hi,

This could be a real challenge.

Is there a way to build a calendar (1 per sheet) in Exce1 2003 and populate
it by referencing a list of dates and putting a name(s) in that calendar
block? *For example, for each row I have a name in column A1 and a birth date
in colum B1. *I have about 30 names/rows. *Can I populate the dates into the
related calendar? *Keep in mind, some people have same birthdates.

Thank you

--

Dave Peterson

Another option is to Import your data to Google Calendar. My
understanding is that Google Calendar supports a CSV or Text type
import (export as this format from excel). Then if you need to
display it in Excel again, you can use a 3rd party app called
WinCalendar to import the Google Calendar data into Excel as a fully
formatted calendar in a variety of configurable formats. For more
info on WinCalendar, see WinCalendar.com.

Best Regards,
Mike Hampton