Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink

Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"Merchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of "&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello again, Stew.

You will need the sheet name as well as the column letter and row
number, but you will also need to have square brackets around the
filename and two apostrophes. So, try this:

=HYPERLINK("'"&LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"M*
erchandise Package\[Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls]Sheet1'!
A"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

I assume that the LEFT function does return the full path to that
point and ends in \.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 4, 8:29*pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"M*erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of "&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Pete

Thanks again for looking at this
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"

exactly as you see it gets me to Merchandise spreadsheet. If I add \. IT
ALSO DOES THE JOB

IF I ADD THE CHANGES IN THE WAY YOU SUGGEST IT WILL NOT ACCEPT THE FORMULA.
iF i REMOVE "vIEW" THE FORMULA IS ACCEPTED BUT WHEN I TRY TO USE COMES BACK
WITH THE PROMPT " CANNOT OPEN SPECIFIED FILE".

THE PATH SHOWS CORRECTLLY

ANY THOUGHTS

sTEW

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of "&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink update

Hi Pete
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)&"Merchandise Package\[Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls]Mechandise Spreadsheet'!
A"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View"

is accepted as a formula and View shows up.

THE PATH SHOWS UP AS TAKING ME TO A111 WHICH IS THE CORRECT CELL BUT STILL
THE PROMPT " CANNOT OPEN SPECIFIED FILE" COMES UP

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of "&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you check out the formula I gave you then immediately after the
=HYPERLINK( part I had "'"& (quotes apostrophe quotes). This adds in
the apostrophe to match with the one at the end of the sheet name.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"M**erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of "&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pete

The formula below has been accepted
=HYPERLINK("'"&LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)&"Merchandise
Package\[Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls]Mechandise
Spreadsheet'!A"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"view")

This has changed the prompt to
" an unexpected error has occurred"

I know we are so near to getting this which will help me tremendously but!!
so far

Any more thoughts

stew

"Pete_UK" wrote:

If you check out the formula I gave you then immediately after the
=HYPERLINK( part I had "'"& (quotes apostrophe quotes). This adds in
the apostrophe to match with the one at the end of the sheet name.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 5, 9:52 am, stew wrote:
Hi Pete
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)&"MeÂ*rchandise Package\[Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls]Mechandise Spreadsheet'!

"stew" wrote:
Dear Pete

Thanks again for looking at this
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*Â*erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Hello again, Stew.

You will need the sheet name as well as the column letter and row
number, but you will also need to have square brackets around the
filename and two apostrophes. So, try this:

=HYPERLINK("'"&LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)Â*)&"MÂ*

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*Â*erchandise Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of "&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, one thing is are you sure you have spelt the names of the folder, file
and sheet correctly?

You have Merchandise Package as the folder name, but you use Mechandise for
both the filename and sheetname - is there an "r" missing?

If you remove the ,"view" from the end of the formula then it will show the
complete path in the cell (you might need to widen it to see all of it), so
check this out thoroughly to see that it matches exactly where you want to
go to.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want
to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"M**erchandise
Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of
"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

well pete
=HYPERLINK("'"&LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)&"Merchandise
Package\[Merchandise Spreadsheet.xls]Merchandise
Spreadsheet'!A"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

The link was written properly it was just the I had Mispelling mistake
however all corrected and Still Same Problem. When I take out View it is
directing me to the correct place and cell?

" An unexpected error has occurred"

By the way, Just in case I don't hear from you, and I would not blame you,
Thanks for all your help

Best

Stew

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would want
to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*Â*erchandise
Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of
"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, have experimented and researched a bit - the square brackets need to
encompass the full path and filename, and the apostrophes only the
sheetname, so try this:

=HYPERLINK("["&LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)&"Merchandise
Package\Merchandise Spreadsheet.xls]'Merchandise
Spreadsheet'!A"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Hope this helps.

Pete

well pete

"stew" wrote:
Dear Pete

Thanks again for looking at this
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"M**erchandise
Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"

exactly as you see it gets me to Merchandise spreadsheet. If I add
\.

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would
want
to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"M**erchandise
Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of
"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eureka!!!!

Heaven and Bliss

Thank you pete for sticking with it. This problem has been with me for days

Thanks for all your help

Stewart

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Okay, have experimented and researched a bit - the square brackets need to
encompass the full path and filename, and the apostrophes only the
sheetname, so try this:

=HYPERLINK("["&LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25)&"Merchandise
Package\Merchandise Spreadsheet.xls]'Merchandise
Spreadsheet'!A"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Hope this helps.

Pete

well pete

On Nov 4, 8:29 pm, stew wrote:
Hi all

In this Formula how would one add the exact cell you would
want
to open at
=HYPERLINK(LEFT(CELL("Filename",A1),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename",A1))-25))&"MÂ*Â*erchandise
Package\Mechandise Spreadsheet.xls"
Ideally it would be along the lines of
"&((ROW()-4)*103+8),"View")

Thanks

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, I'm so very pleased to hear that, Stew.

I should have remembered from a thread I contributed to in August that
the syntax for hyperlinks is slightly different than for other Excel
functions.

Glad we got there in the end !!

Pete

On Nov 5, 6:44*pm, stew wrote:
Eureka!!!!

Heaven and Bliss

Thank you pete for sticking with it. This problem has been with me for days

Thanks for all your help

Stewart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Pete

I am new to this and I am treating as my " Burst of Creativity in the
twlight years". I love the learning process. Best Hobby I ever Had

Thanks Again, Look Out For me , I'll Be Back

Stew

On Nov 5, 6:44 pm, stew wrote:
Eureka!!!!

Heaven and Bliss

Thank you pete for sticking with it. This problem has been with me for days

Thanks for all your help

Stewart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree, Stew, though sometimes I am reminded that my memory is not as
good as it used to be !! <bg

Pete

On Nov 5, 6:44 pm, stew wrote:
Eureka!!!!

Heaven and Bliss

Thank you pete for sticking with it. This problem has been with me for days

Thanks for all your help

Stewart- Hide quoted text -