Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default list of named ranges

can I export a list of defined ranges from 1 workbook to another ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not easily. You could write a macro to do it but that might be more work than
it is worth...

The Name Manager download might make the task a bit easier....
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

can I export a list of defined ranges from 1 workbook to another ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean Named ranges, then if we have an active workbook with named
ranges and another open workbook called Book2:

Sub qwerty()
Dim n As Name
For Each n In ActiveWorkbook.Names
t1 = n.Name
t2 = n.RefersTo
Workbooks("Book2").Names.Add Name:=t1, RefersTo:=t2
Next
End Sub

This will only work if the sheet names are the same in both workbooks
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200811