Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Number of "array" Formulas Allowed?

Excel2003 ...

ws1 = 30,000 records
ws2 = 1,000 records
ws3 = 1,000 records
ws4 = 1,000 records

ws2 = "unique" records from ws1 Col A (advanced Filter)-(format = Text)
ws3 = "unique" records from ws1 Col B (advanced Filter)-(format = Text)
ws4 = "unique" records from ws1 Col C (advanced Filter)-(format = Text)

ws2, ws3 & ws4 are identical & each have 12 arrary Formula in Cols B thru M
which target their respective Range on ws1 (Cols A, B, C) ... (array Formulas
provided by T. Valko in a previous post & work great)

Issue is ... With a small amount of data in ws1 all ws work perfect ...
However, when ws1 contains 20,000 records (for example) then the array
formula on ws3 fail to work ... they return the #N/A error. If I shrink the
Range in the Formula on ws3 that the Formula need to look @ on ws1 then the
Formula work, but I need the Range to be c2:c30000 just like ws1 & ws2.

I may be able to reduce my Template Range on ws2, ws3 & ws4, but I need to
keep my Range on ws1 @ 30,000 records.

Above said ... Is there a "maximum" number of array formula that you can
have? Or does anyone know what is happening here?

My "Thanks" in advance to those of you that provide so many useful solutions
on these boards ... Kha