Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Count the number of "rows" (or Array items) included in a Sumif formula?

2003/2007

Typical Sumif recap of a detail sheet. This is an XL question not
VBA.

The sum of the SumIf sub totals equals the grand total of the detail.

All is well in Heaven.

Now I want to know how many items are included in the Sumif SubTotals.

Is this possible? Do I need to use SumProduct?

TIA EagleOne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Got an answer by using SumProduct.

That said, is there not a function in Excel to directly read the SumIf
formula and Count the array items included?

EagleOne

On Jul 30, 9:34 am, EagleOne wrote:
2003/2007

Typical Sumif recap of a detail sheet. This is an XL question not
VBA.

The sum of the SumIf sub totals equals the grand total of the detail.

All is well in Heaven.

Now I want to know how many items are included in the Sumif SubTotals.

Is this possible? Do I need to use SumProduct?

TIA EagleOne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I don't think there is any way of doing that.
You could use COUNTIF with the same criteria as your SUMIF.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"EagleOne" wrote in message
oups.com...
Got an answer by using SumProduct.

That said, is there not a function in Excel to directly read the SumIf
formula and Count the array items included?

EagleOne

On Jul 30, 9:34 am, EagleOne wrote:
2003/2007

Typical Sumif recap of a detail sheet. This is an XL question not
VBA.

The sum of the SumIf sub totals equals the grand total of the detail.

All is well in Heaven.

Now I want to know how many items are included in the Sumif SubTotals.

Is this possible? Do I need to use SumProduct?

TIA EagleOne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 30, 10:57 am, "Roger Govier" wrote:
Hi

I don't think there is any way of doing that.
You could use COUNTIF with the same criteria as your SUMIF.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"EagleOne" wrote in message

oups.com...

Got an answer by using SumProduct.

That said, is there not a function in Excel to directly read the SumIf
formula and Count the array items included?

EagleOne

On Jul 30, 9:34 am, EagleOne wrote:
2003/2007

Typical Sumif recap of a detail sheet. This is an XL question not
VBA.

The sum of the SumIf sub totals equals the grand total of the detail.

All is well in Heaven.

Now I want to know how many items are included in the Sumif SubTotals.

Is this possible? Do I need to use SumProduct?

TIA EagleOne- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Roger.