Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default file in shared folder keeps reverting back to Read-only

We no longer have an IT person and this problem seemed to have started after
she left. I have an Excel 2003 file in a shared folder that someone else
(formerly IT person) sets up. After this file was set up, I had to copy and
change the file name as it was a Read-Only file. After doing this, our IT
administrator would update monthly and I would have access to the file to
make adjustments as necessary. When the new person began doing the monthly
updates, the file reverted back to a Read-Only file for me. I copied and
pasted with a new file name, but it became Read-Only for her. I went to
Windows Explorer and opened the file and gave her complete access. This has
to be done each month as it continues to revert to a Read-Only file. This
also happens with a shared file that she and another employee work on
together. Any suggestions on how to correct?