Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically update a cell with a date based on anther cells date

I have a basic time sheet that is used to track time for payroll. The sheet
has Mon- Sun and on each day there is a cell for the date. There is also a
cell for week ending date. What I am trying to do is insert the week ending
date and have the other cells update with the previous week.

Example: Enter week ending date here - 11/02/2008
The other cells would auto fill based on the week ending date. As shown below:

Mon
10/27/2008
Tues
10/28/2008
Wed
10/29/2008
Thru
10/30/2008
Fri
10/31/2008
Sat
11/01/2008
Sun
11/02/2008
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Assume Mon is in A1 and your week ending date is in D1
then enter =D$1 in cell A2.
Highlight A1:A2 and drag the fill handle down as far as necessary.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire