Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Column Chart

Dear all,

I have a 'Stacked Column Chart' that indicates the total cost of numerous
buildings and the breakdown of buildings' costs.

Y-axis: cost

I wish to add two lines accross the graph. One for the mean total cost and
another for the median total cost. Assuming it is possible, how would I go
about doing this?

Thanking-you in advance,

Neil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Create two new series one using =AVERAGE(costs), the other using
=MEDIAN(costs). This means you have both repeated many times. Hightlight
these two sets of data and copy them. Select the chart and paste them.
Select the series for the new columns on the chart and choose Chart, Chart
Type, Line. Repeat for the other new series. Format as desired - for
example set markers to None.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire