Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bullet points

How do I format an Excel cell similar to an MS Word Table cell with bullets
or numbers on discrete lines within the cell ?
€¢ Jgjgkj
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ kjlkhlk
1. kjhkhlkhjl
2. lklkjhlkjh
3. lkjhlkjh
4. lkjhlkjh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah thanks

I have a very large workbook containing mixed text and data and need Excel
capability for sorting. In some text cells I need to provide a line
separated list of outcomes

"Wayne" wrote:

How do I format an Excel cell similar to an MS Word Table cell with bullets
or numbers on discrete lines within the cell ?
€¢ Jgjgkj
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ kjlkhlk
1. kjhkhlkhjl
2. lklkjhlkjh
3. lkjhlkjh
4. lkjhlkjh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ok cracked it thanks

wrote a separate macro for inserting 1-5 bullet points in a cell
used insert symbol and a couple of spaces
used alt enter for the line break required

it can be done in Excel.........

"Wayne" wrote:

How do I format an Excel cell similar to an MS Word Table cell with bullets
or numbers on discrete lines within the cell ?
€¢ Jgjgkj
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ kjlkhlk
1. kjhkhlkhjl
2. lklkjhlkjh
3. lkjhlkjh
4. lkjhlkjh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But you don't need code Sheelo

Alt + 0149 textAlt +Enter
Alt + 0149 textAlt +Enter
etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

:-)

"Wayne" wrote:

How do I format an Excel cell similar to an MS Word Table cell with bullets
or numbers on discrete lines within the cell ?
• Jgjgkj
• Kjhkh
• Kjhkh
• kjlkhlk
1. kjhkhlkhjl
2. lklkjhlkjh
3. lkjhlkjh
4. lkjhlkjh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I've written an app that puts bullet points in a cell using two methods both
work fine and there are hundreds of bullet styles you could choose from.

In addition I recommend that you NOT insert bullet points in cells, instead
you create custom formats that format the cell with bullets. The advantage
it that they don't interfere with the content of the cell.

If you want a copy of a file containing formatted bullets or the file with
the code method drop me a line.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Wayne" wrote:

How do I format an Excel cell similar to an MS Word Table cell with bullets
or numbers on discrete lines within the cell ?
€¢ Jgjgkj
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ Kjhkh
€¢ kjlkhlk
1. kjhkhlkhjl
2. lklkjhlkjh
3. lkjhlkjh
4. lkjhlkjh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

You are entering each bullet by hand, it can not be done 'automatically' ...
I meant it could not be done through an option provided by Excel...

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

But you don't need code Sheelo

Alt + 0149 textAlt +Enter
Alt + 0149 textAlt +Enter
etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 16:49:01 -0700, Sheeloo <="to" & CHAR(95) & "sheeloo" &

:-)