Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Bullet Points

Is there any way of creating bullet points (as in Word) within cells in
Excel?

Sometimes I find it useful to separate comments within a cell and wonder
whether there is a way of doing this other than simply typing the '-' key
manually at the commencement of each new point.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Terry,

I don't think you can have bullet points, maybe you do this already but you
might find it easier to seperate your comments by using ALT+ENTER (which
starts a new line in the cell) and then "-" for each comment.

Regards,

Gav.

"Terry Bennett" wrote:

Is there any way of creating bullet points (as in Word) within cells in
Excel?

Sometimes I find it useful to separate comments within a cell and wonder
whether there is a way of doing this other than simply typing the '-' key
manually at the commencement of each new point.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you would have to do it with code. Select the range and then run
this code.

Sub MakeBulletList()
Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
If Rng.HasFormula = False Then
If Rng.IndentLevel = 0 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Rng.Formula = "=CHAR(7)&"" " & Rng.Text & """ "
Application.EnableEvents = True
Rng.IndentLevel = 1
Next Rng

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message
Is there any way of creating bullet points (as in Word) within cells in
Excel?

Sometimes I find it useful to separate comments within a cell and wonder
whether there is a way of doing this other than simply typing the '-' key
manually at the commencement of each new point.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Terry,

Not that this addresses your actual question, but if you use
Alt+0149 instead of - you will get a bullet instead of a dash

(to use unicode hold down Alt key type the numbers on the Number
Pad then let go the Alt key)

HTH
Martin

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message
Is there any way of creating bullet points (as in Word) within cells in
Excel?

Sometimes I find it useful to separate comments within a cell and wonder
whether there is a way of doing this other than simply typing the '-' key
manually at the commencement of each new point.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simply write you list in Word and copy and paste it into excel.

Or copy your list to Word, make it bulleted, and copy it back.

Regards

Doug

"Terry Bennett" wrote:

On Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:31 AM Chip Pearson wrote:

I think you would have to do it with code. Select the range and then run
this code.

Sub MakeBulletList()
Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
If Rng.HasFormula = False Then
If Rng.IndentLevel = 0 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Rng.Formula = "=CHAR(7)&"" " & Rng.Text & """ "
Application.EnableEvents = True
Rng.IndentLevel = 1
Next Rng

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:35 AM Terry Bennett wrote:

Thanks Gav - that is what I am doing at present.

On Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:52 AM Terry Bennett wrote:

Thanks Chip

On Thursday, September 06, 2007 6:26 AM MartinW wrote:

Hi Terry,

Not that this addresses your actual question, but if you use
Alt+0149 instead of - you will get a bullet instead of a dash

(to use unicode hold down Alt key type the numbers on the Number
Pad then let go the Alt key)

HTH
Martin

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:56 AM Terry Bennett wrote:

Thanks Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Easier to use Arial font.

Hold Alt key and type 0149 on numpad keys.

Will get a bullet point.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 25 May 2011 12:01:26 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

At the beginning of a line, type a lower case L, Then select it and choose Wingdings from the list of typefaces.

Alan Lloyd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 26, 12:01*am, Gord Dibben wrote:
Easier to use Arial font.

Hold Alt key and type 0149 on numpad keys.

Will get a bullet point.

That's OK for later fonts (Verdana, Lucida, etc) but with Arial it
looks more like a pin-prck than a bullet-point.OTOH Webdings lower-
case L looks like a cannon-hole.

Alan Lloyd