Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average from three different coworkers excluding zeros formula?

I'm trying to average from three different cells only if greater than zero,
each from a different sheet within a workbook. This is the formula I use now,
=AVERAGE(Denise!C318,Georgia!C318,Ora!C318) but I have to go in and delete
the zeros each day, any ideas? Thanks for your time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One option:

Put this formula in cell A1:
=Denise!C318
Put this formula in cell A2:
=Georgia!C318
Put this formula in cell A3:
=Ora!C318
Put this formula in cell A4:
=SUM(A1:A3)/SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A30))

That should give you the average leaving 0s out of the calculation.

Any men in your database?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, this formula in cell A4 is a little more direct.

=SUM(A1:A3)/COUNTIF(A1:A3,"0")

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for working on my problem, but I need an average formula that will
go into one cell. Each coworkers sheet has data in each column, one row for
each day of the year. The last sheet is a summary page of everyone's numbers
from that day. If I copy the links to other cells in order to sum count a
range, I would have to do it for each day of the year. An average formula
would go into one cell that would average for each day's numbers. Thanks
again.