Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select a cell in a Pivot table

Hi

i am now using Excel 2007

I create a pivot table and outside a pivot i want to compare some of the
numbers within the Pivot. When I enter =A5 for instance in another cell the
formula becomes GETPIVOTDATA("PL"........

How do i change this so it just references the cell address (so I copy the
fomula across lots of other cells. There was effectively a toggle button in
old excel but I cannot find it now.

Thanks
--
Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Click in the pivot table and choose PivotTable Tools, Options tab, open the
Options drop down in the PivotTable group on the far left and turn off the
Generate GetPivotData.

If this helps please click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire