Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I consolidate multiple records into one?

I have a worksheet that has approx. 150 rows and 10 columns that contains
some rows with multiple duplicate data, but the cost column has different
costs that need to consolidated into one record in order to import to Access
correctly. Please assist with this work in process.

3618130823 22-Jul Equipment Tax $9.48
3618130823 22-Jul Equipment Shipping & Handling $14.95

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To add all the A1 cells in Sheet1 to Sheet10 use
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet10!A1)
Any help?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Midalia" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that has approx. 150 rows and 10 columns that contains
some rows with multiple duplicate data, but the cost column has different
costs that need to consolidated into one record in order to import to
Access
correctly. Please assist with this work in process.

3618130823 22-Jul Equipment Tax $9.48
3618130823 22-Jul Equipment Shipping & Handling $14.95

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is a similar example using
Excel 2007 and Tables.
It consolidates rows with the same initial columns.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1867194