Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number of digits when merged with text

Hi

How do i change the number of digits in the cell if I use this:

=H7 & + " pct."

H7 says "8.7" but the cell gives me "8.67452345345 pct." ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You helped me on the way. Thanks for that,
the right one is:

=TEXT(H7;"0,0") & + " pct."

"Mike H" skrev:

Try

=TEXT(H7,"0.0" & + " pct.")

Mike

"Rasmus" wrote:

Hi

How do i change the number of digits in the cell if I use this:

=H7 & + " pct."

H7 says "8.7" but the cell gives me "8.67452345345 pct." ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thx, allmost right:

=TEXT(I6;"0,0") & + " pct."

"JE McGimpsey" skrev:

One way:

=TEXT(H7,"0.0 pct.")

In article ,
Rasmus wrote:

Hi

How do i change the number of digits in the cell if I use this:

=H7 & + " pct."

H7 says "8.7" but the cell gives me "8.67452345345 pct." ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your change isn't right at all, given that your example used a decimal
point, not a comma.

It's also inefficient - there's no need to add operators and do string
manipulation.

- '&' is the concatenation operator, the '+' is redundant.

- it can be done in one step with the notation you're using:

=TEXT(I6; "0,0 pct.")

In article ,
Rasmus wrote:

Thx, allmost right: