Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format a number in a scecial way

I need to know how to make a format for å number.

The number is in 8 digits - ex. 12345678

I want it to show like this 123 45 678 (with spaces between). How can I set
up this format when formatting my cells. I have tried 000 00 000 but it does
not work.....

Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just tried using Format/Cells - Special

000 00 000

and it formatted as 123 45 678

Using 9 characters gave me 1234 56 789

Perhaps you didn't have the desired cell highlighted when changing the
formatting?

"Kathrine" wrote:

I need to know how to make a format for å number.

The number is in 8 digits - ex. 12345678

I want it to show like this 123 45 678 (with spaces between). How can I set
up this format when formatting my cells. I have tried 000 00 000 but it does
not work.....

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use :
000\ 00\ 000
or
000" "00" "000
Regards.
Daniel

I need to know how to make a format for å number.

The number is in 8 digits - ex. 12345678

I want it to show like this 123 45 678 (with spaces between). How can I set
up this format when formatting my cells. I have tried 000 00 000 but it does
not work.....

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A custom format of:
000 00 000
Worked fine for me.

What happened when you tried it?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

000" "00" "000

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kathrine" wrote in message
I need to know how to make a format for å number.

The number is in 8 digits - ex. 12345678

I want it to show like this 123 45 678 (with spaces between). How can I
set
up this format when formatting my cells. I have tried 000 00 000 but it
does
not work.....

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a custom format set to:

### ## ###

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 8:18*pm, Kathrine
wrote:
I need to know how to make a format for å number.

The number is in 8 digits - ex. 12345678

I want it to show like this 123 45 678 (with spaces between). How can I set
up this format when formatting my cells. I have tried 000 00 000 but it does
not work.....

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This does not work if your number is entered as text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the number appears in the left side of the cell it was entered as text and
will need to be converted to value to get the custom formatting to work.

Tom