Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting

How can I format so that all my numbers above 1 million become blue?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you only want this in one column, one workbook, or all workbooks?

If only in one column, go to, say, A2, format - Conditional Formatting -
Value is - Greater than - 1000000. Paste special/formats down the column.
Same concept for workbook, just paste the format as needed.

If for all workbooks, you would want to make a Macro that is stored in your
personal workbook.

How to write the macro I would leave for someone else...

How can I format so that all my numbers above 1 million become blue?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the cell you will to make conditional, then choose
FormatConditional Format from the menu.

Window will open and show "Condition 1" and you will see "Cell Value Is"
In the next window, change "between" to "greater than" and then enter
1,000,000 in the last window.

Then click on Format, choose FONT or PATTERN, depending on which you want to
color.

To copy to other cells, click on the cell you made conditional, then click
on the paint brush icon. Click on the first cell in the group to copy the
condition to and while holding down the left mouse button, scroll across all
the cells to copy condition to.

Les

How can I format so that all my numbers above 1 million become blue?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select all cells then FormatCFCell Value is "greater than" 1,000,000

Format to Blue and OK

Don't know the commands for Excel 2007

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP