Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default open in form mode

Hi there

I have an file with various tabs that link the data with data on the first
tab. I would lke the file to open in a form view, so that the people using
the files will change the necessary information when they open the file
before they go into the tabs. Is there a way to do this?

--
Thank-you!
Ruth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If by form view you mean the command Data, Form. Then the answer is VBA.

If by form you mean a dialog box type custom form, yes but a lot more VBA.

please let us know
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have an file with various tabs that link the data with data on the first
tab. I would lke the file to open in a form view, so that the people using
the files will change the necessary information when they open the file
before they go into the tabs. Is there a way to do this?

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane

Yes I mean the Data, form view. I am using Excel 2003 if that makes a
difference. I have very little VBA expereince, but have been able to do some
things. Do you know the VBA for this?
--
Thank-you!
Ruth

"Ruth" wrote:

Hi there

I have an file with various tabs that link the data with data on the first
tab. I would lke the file to open in a form view, so that the people using
the files will change the necessary information when they open the file
before they go into the tabs. Is there a way to do this?

--
Thank-you!
Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your Database is in Sheet1 and includes A1 in the range.

Adjust code to suit.

Paste this into Thisworkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm
End Sub

To access Thisworkbook module, right-click on the Excel Icon left of "File"
on menubar and select "View Code"

Paste into that module. Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Save and close then re-open.

Do you see what you want?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP