Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert date when a cell is changed

Hi

Is there a way to insert the current date into a cell in column D when a
cell on the same row is changed?

I need a method that doesn't involve a macro as many people will be updating
the spreadsheet and won't enable their macros
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't want to use macro's, you're very limited.

You could write a function that sets the date, but this date will not be
fixed and will change (the TODAY() function for instance).

Also, you will need to drag down that formula far enough to be sure to cover
enough rows. Not very appealing I guess.

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"jen2018" wrote:

Hi

Is there a way to insert the current date into a cell in column D when a
cell on the same row is changed?

I need a method that doesn't involve a macro as many people will be updating
the spreadsheet and won't enable their macros

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but even with the formula option it only works when I have my macros
on. Is there a way round this?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Look he

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jen2018" wrote in message
Hi

Is there a way to insert the current date into a cell in column D when a
cell on the same row is changed?

I need a method that doesn't involve a macro as many people will be
updating
the spreadsheet and won't enable their macros

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you use John's circular reference method you don't need macros enabled.

That method is posted above the worksheet_change event method.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:18:10 -0700, jen2018
wrote:

Thanks but even with the formula option it only works when I have my macros
on. Is there a way round this?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Look he

Kind regards,